Maya Kollman and Renee Morgan will be resuming Generations Dialogue Workshops in the near future. You can contact Maya at email@example.com, 609-273-5176 or Renee at firstname.lastname@example.org, 610-251-0821 to learn more.
“I attended a Generations workshop with my adult daughter and felt it was the gift of a lifetime! Her trust and honesty with me was a gift for sure, but the greatest gift was in learning how she experiences me today and receiving that message as an invitation for growth and a deeper connection. Before each process there was a full explanation of what each dialogue intended to achieve, with lots of examples, so that I felt well guided and got the most out of the weekend. I highly recommend the experience to any parent/adult-child combo ready and open for a deeper connection.” J.G. (mother)
Whether you and your parent or adult-child have a difficult relationship or a good one, all families have intergenerational patterns that no longer serve them. Problematic family patterns can sabotage individual growth, affect romantic relationships, and negatively influence parenting styles.
The Generations Dialogue Workshop is for pairs of a parent and an adult-child who would like a more mutually satisfying relationship. Through guided dialogues and a structured, supportive process the parent/adult-child pair experiences the safety to explore relationship dynamics, begin the healing process, and uncover new sources of strength. In this atmosphere, they can rewrite old family patterns and create a new legacy of loving and supportive relationships.
In this workshop you will:
- Practice a kind and respectful way of interacting so you can create a mutually satisfying relationship.
- Safely give voice to unspoken feelings, clear up misunderstandings, and heal old hurts.
- Begin the process of resolving family issues and building new patterns that will benefit your relationships today and for future generations.
- Improve your relationship with your parent, your adult-child, or stepchild.
- Free yourself from old family patterns.
- Safely address an issue you have carried for a long time.
- Enter into an adult-to-adult relationship with each other.
- See a demonstration of each structured dialogue and have assistance when you do these dialogues, including help in finding the best words to express yourself if needed.
- Find understanding, and commonalities within your own peer group of parents or adult-children.
- Learn the concepts underlying healthy families from childhood through adulthood.
Workshop concept created by Dr. Sabine and Dr. Roland Bösel
I am profoundly grateful to Dr. Sabine and Dr. Roland Bösel for their wisdom and skill in developing this workshop, and their generosity in freely passing it along to us and the coming generations and I deeply thank my teachers; Dr. Claudia Luciak-Donsberger and Dr. Mikael Luciak, for their skillful, attuned guidance through the Generations Dialogue workshop with my adult children as well as the training they have provided.